Fundraising Auctions Ltd Silent Auction Service – Terms & Conditions
1. In order to bid in the auction, bidder must be aged 18 or over.
2. Each item in the silent auction is defined as a “Lot”. Bidders may bid for more than one Lot but may make only one bid for each individual Lot.
3. In order for a bid to stand the bidder must fill out the details form on the front of silent auction brochure, including full name, contact telephone number and postal address.
4. You acknowledge that once the Event Manager running the silent auction has confirmed you are the highest bidder, you will be expected to pay for the item(s) on the night.
5. Bids must be above the reserve listed for the Lot being bid for; be in pounds sterling; and be received by the Event Manager before the scheduled end of the Silent Auction. The Event Manager will notify the highest bidder at the event after the advertised closing time.
6. Late, incomplete, defaced or corrupt bids, and bids below the reserve price will not be accepted.
7. Fundraising Auctions Ltd reserves the right to refuse or remove any bid in its absolute discretion.
8. The successful bid for any one Lot being bid for will be the highest bid received by the scheduled end of the Silent Auction. In the event that two or more bids equal the highest bid, the Lot shall be awarded to the bid received first. There may be more than one item available of particular lots.
9. Unless otherwise agreed by Fundraising Auctions Ltd, Items will not be released to you until payment has been received and cleared funds have been received.
10. In the event of the Representative being unable to contact a winning bidder within seven days of the closing of the auction, or of the payment not being received within 21 days of a winning bidder being notified, Fundraising Auctions reserves the right to award the Lot to the next highest bidder.
11. If, for any reason, the Event Manager is unable to award a lot, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the lot from the auction.
12. The Promoter makes make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the Lot and in no event will the Promoter be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from entrance to the silent auction or use of the Lot.
13. The winning bidder is entitled to request a refund within 14 days of the event subject to an administration fee of £35 per refund and any additional card fees. After this time period an exchange may be available at the discretion of Fundraising Auctions Ltd up to 28 days. If the substituted experience in respect of which the voucher is being exchanged costs more than the original voucher you must pay a top up amount to meet the reserve price of the Lot being exchanged for.
14. In the event of a supplier not being able to provide the experience a bidder has won at an auction through no fault of Fundraising Auctions the bidder will be allowed to transfer to another experience available at their event. They will be able to choose anything up to the reserve price of the experience they originally won and will not endure any fees. The bidder will receive a fresh 12-month validity on the new experience where applicable.
15. In the event of a refund any amount bid over the reserve price will be classed as a donation to the chosen charity or cause and cannot be reclaimed through Fundraising Auctions Ltd. The bidder must contact the event organiser directly in order to reclaim the donated amount. The refund will be for the actual cost of the experience, the difference between that and the reserve price will be held to cover the costs of Fundraising Auctions Ltd attending the event and associated administration fees.